I’m thrilled to present my new ebook to the world!
Health and Fitness for Creative People has been something I’ve wanted to put together for several years because I do believe that stronger in body is stronger in mind. Feeling better, being healthier is going to improve a person’s production, energy levels and their creative endeavours will benefit.
It took a lot longer to write than I had initially thought because there was just so much information I wanted to include. I’ve given presentations by the same name at conferences and never seem to have enough time to tell the participants everything I wanted to. With the ebook I got to include everything I wanted and it is packed full of what I believe to be valuable information for creative types looking to improve their level of health and fitness, their craft and their overall well being.
If you stumbled across this blog post and don’t know who I am, I competed in Fitness for 10 years, including 4 years in the IFBB Pros and have trained over 150 athletes to the stage, plus hundreds more individuals seeking better health. I have a black belt from Master Gee’s Black Belt Academy and am working my way toward my second degree black belt. I am a published author, blogger, speaker and avid crafter, always seeking to produce higher quality and quantity of my work. I have helped authors and artists reach their fitness goals and decided I wanted to help as many as I could.
It’s available on my site, you can view more information there. I also managed to get it up on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com! Big shout out to Jill Flannagan for help in that new adventure. I might get some of my other manuals up there in the future.
Thanks to Diana Rowland for the great cover blurb, as well as to Howard Taylor and Chadwick Ginther for their kind words. Of course, I have to post their blurbs here to show them off. I’m also going to add to the end of this post a list of what you’ll find in the ebook. Meanwhile, if you have any questions about the ebook before you rush out and purchase it (I know you all want to!) feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
“Sandra Wickham’s counsel on health and fitness has been invaluable to me for the last five years. She’s an expert here, and she’s a class act besides. ”
—Howard Tayler, Writer and Illustrator
“I knew a lot of the information in HEALTH AND FITNESS FOR CREATIVE PEOPLE–most of us do–but I kept it compartmentalized in such a way so as not to do anything with that information. HEALTH AND FITNESS FOR CREATIVE PEOPLE kicked down those walls and delivers all you need to know to feel better and create more art in one well-researched volume. (And I’m not just saying this because Sandra has me in an armbar.) ”
—Chadwick Ginther, Author of Thunder Road
What you will find in this Ebook
- This is a ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-ONE PAGE manual, complete with everything you need to improve your health
- Straight talk on why this is important for every creative person.
- Help with finding your motivation to start and to continue improving your level of health and fitness.
- Lots of geeky apps, suggestions and resources to satisfy your creative geek.
- A section on proper posture for sitting or standing desks, including simple to do exercises to improve your overall posture!
- Thorough information on cardiovascular and strength training so you know what to do and how to do it.
- Helpful nutritional information covering everything from weight loss, to eating out and healthy snacking.
- Also included are tips on getting enough sleep, and a section for those over 65.
- Finally, a Now It’s Your Turn section including:A Quick Stretching Routine
A Five Minute Creative Break (away from your desk)
A Desk Break (you don’t even have to get up, but you’ll feel better!)
Tips for Fitness and Health on a Budget
A Sample Treadmill Workout (to shake things up a bit!)
Tips on How to Avoid Overtraining
Many Different Motivational Tools
Inspiring Quotes of All Sorts to See You Through